- TENANT DEPOSIT (SECURITY DEPOSIT)
A deposit equivalent to a month’s rent will be required to be paid at the start of the tenancy. This is subject to referencing
- HOLDING DEPOSIT
The HOLDING DEPOSIT is the equivalent of one weeks rent.
A holding deposit is paid in order for Richard Tuck Lettings to place a hold on the property being shown to other prospective tenants, while we go through the referencing process before a tenancy agreement is signed.
If successful, this fee will be deducted from the first months rent.
PLEASE NOTE THIS DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE
- IF FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION HAS BEEN GIVEN AT THE TIME OF APPLYING FOR A TENANCY.
- SHOULD THE TENANT CHOOSE NOT TO ENTER A TENANCY AGREEMENT OR FAIL TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO ENTER A TENANCY AGREEMENT.
(Reasonable steps would include providing information that we would require to set up a tenancy when requested - this would be explained at the time that holding fee is taken and a copy of Renting Homes Fees etc Wales Act 2019 is available to read if further explanation is required)
- PET BOND £150
Additional Security deposit (returnable less cost of fumigation, if required) The additional deposit will be registered with the bond which will be held in a Government-authorised scheme.
TENANCY DEFAULT FEES
A payment in default is a payment required by the landlord or agent arising from a breach of the tenancy agreement by the tenant.
- Lost Keys/Security Items: Actual cost for loss of keys by the tenant requiring Richard Tuck Lettings to arrange for the cutting of new keys and delivery of these keys to the tenant.
- Missed Inspection/Appointment Fee: £25 ( inc VAT) per missed inspection/appointment to cover the costs associated with the wasted journey.
This includes any agreed appointment with outside contractors in reference to remedial work at the property where the tenant refuses entry or not being at home to allow entry, resulting in charges to the landlord.
- Avoidable or purposeful damage to the property – Actual cost caused by neglect or careless or wilful behaviour by the tenant.
- Emergency/out of hours call out fees – fees incurred as a result of a landlord arranging for someone to attend the tenant’s property at the request of the tenant, such as a locksmith or an emergency glazier where the problem has been caused by the tenant in the first place.
- Late Payment of Rent Fee £25 (inc VAT)
- Returned Cheque Fee £25 (inc VAT)
- Unpaid Rent / Returned Payments: Interest at 8% above Bank of England Base Rate from date due.
- Professional Cleaning (if required): £50 (inc VAT) per hour which will be deducted from the Security Deposit. Only charged where professional cleaning is necessary to return the property to the same condition as at the start of the tenancy.
** A COPY OF OUR TENANCY AGREEMENT IS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST **